Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Krispy Kreme Cheeseburger...because a burger was just too healthy


The Krispy Kreme cheeseburger – that's right, a cheeseburger between doughnut halves-more proof that Americans will take anything that risks clogging our arteries immediately and try to make it worse!


The doughnut is halved, then its cut sides are grilled and become the outside of the sandwich so that the sugary glaze makes mortal contact with the cheese and the meat.

Even if that sounds good, there are all kinds of objections from the eat-healthy crowd.


The Machine Shed, a restaurant with a food concession at the Wisconsin State Fair, told the Milwaukee Journal it expected to sell about 3,500 Krispy Kreme cheeseburgers over the first three days of the fair. About a quarter of its customers were pitching in an extra buck for the side order of chocolate-covered bacon.
.
Now I come from Philadelphia-where after frying steak with cheese, we like nothing better than to smother deep fried potatoes with melted cheese.
.
Americans invented deep fried ice cream. And deep fried Snickers bars.
.
But this may be the pinnacle of junk food!
.
I know this has nothing to do with music, but it was just too funny to pass up!

7 comments:

  1. Wonderful to read. I guess if someone put their mind to it a song could be written about fast food,

    Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
  2. erm... ick. I'm rather a purist though. It is the sweet with the meat I can't abide. I could eat the cheeseburger THEN the krispy kreme...

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you're in a hurry, can they just inject the fat straight into your arteries instead?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Alex, Hart & Yvonne-

    America!

    The only country in the world who can look at the cheeseburger on a doughnut and say, "I wonder if I can deep fry that?"

    I'll bet at your next state fair, you'll find out that someone did!

    ReplyDelete
  5. >> Even if that sounds good, there are all kinds of objections from the eat-healthy crowd.

    Sounds good? Are ya kiddin'? I almost barfed up yesterday morning's Jim Beam just thinkin' 'bout it!

    ~ D-FensDogg
    'Loyal American Underground'

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'd heard about this and it just made me shake my head in curiosity? disgust? All I know is I've been getting weened off burgers. The other day I got a burger craving and went to Carl's JR. for a Philly cheesesteak burger. It was so disgusting. I couldn't even finish it. I'm sure as a Philadelphia boy you probably view this burger as sacriligious. It was worse--it had to have come from satan himself.

    Lee

    Tossing It Out

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lee-

    I've always been okay with only being able to get certain things in certain cities.

    For example, when I get to LA I always try to go to Hamburger Hamlet (I think I have the name right-it's been a while)-I think there's one on Hollywood Blvd and on Sunset.

    If they were to open one in AZ, it probably would not be as good, and it certainly would not be as enjoyable (since I could go every day).

    Same for a Phill Cheese Steak. I have one on every trip back to Philly. You can get them in AZ, but I really do not need to be eating them regularly anyway...

    ReplyDelete

HOBBY OR ADDICTION?

HOBBY OR ADDICTION?