Monday, November 23, 2015

HOW I SPENT MY FALL VACATION

It was the song "Wondering Where The Lions Are" from his 1979 album Dancing In The Dragon's Jaws that introduced Bruce Cockburn (pronounced "coh-burn") to the US from the Great White North, but I was always partial to the follow up, 1980's Humans, especially the track that inspires the title of today's post.




I am sure the above qualifies as a run-on sentence, but screw it, it's my blog and I don't take off points for bad grammar.

Cockburn has enjoyed a career spanning more than 45 years and yielding some 35 albums, two dvd's, a box set and his memoirs.

Check out the album in the Vault!







8 comments:

  1. I agree with you about Humans. Overall I think it's probably Cockburn's best album--or at least it's my favorite. But he's done so much great stuff that fits into the mold of my type of music.

    Arlee Bird
    Tossing It Out

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The "Fall Vacation" song really resonated with me-a lot of great imagery in there.

      He didn't want contact-he was only trained to see movement

      Delete
  2. Him saying his name is pronounced Coh-burn reminds me of that old British sitcom Keeping Up Appearances, in which the main character, Hyacinth Bucket, insists that her last name is pronounced "Bouquet."

    It's a pretty solid album. Not fully my cup of tea, but still was a good listen.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd actually posted this one with Arlee Bird in mind...

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Alex-I titled my Saturday post with you in mind-wondered if you'd spot the Marillion song title....

      Delete
  4. Didn't know he pronounced it that way. Damn you, Casey Kasem!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can see "Beavis & Butthead listening to Casey saying "Huh...he said..."

      Delete

HOBBY OR ADDICTION?

HOBBY OR ADDICTION?