Friday, July 4, 2014

BLUES FOR A DOG


Here's a special Independence Day treat for everyone, although what it has to do with the day is beyond me...I needed to schedule this somewhere...

Blues For A Dog is a song written and performed by B.B. King for the season five episode "Look Who's Barking" of Married With Children.





During a bout of insomnia, I happened to catch a rerun of this episode a few years back and loved the song.

I have never been able to find this on a CD-if anyone knows of it being officially released, I'd love to know about it.

BLUES FOR A DOG


I was born in the junkyard,
A child of the streets,
My ghetto was cats and garbage,
And other tasty treats.

Police chased and caught me,
I was in the pound alone,
The Bundys came and got me,
Didn't even bring a bone!

I'm hungry out here.
I ain't talkin' jive.
I'll eat anything,
Even if it's alive.

Don't want no fax machine,
Got no use for a phone,
Don't even want my belly rubbed,
Just give me a blood-stained bone!

Starvin' out here Mama,
Got no food to call my own.
You better watch your wives and children,
I'm out here prowlin' for a bone.

Woman makes you stupid,
Every man's a hound,
She says I love's an ocean,
Then she pulled you in to drown.

Woman makes you stupid,
Always playin' with your head,
Next time you'll be smiling,
Is the day you wake up dead.

Woman makes you stupid,
When she show a little tail,
I don't know why we need 'em,
Oh yeah: a coffin needs a nail!



No comments:

Post a Comment

HOBBY OR ADDICTION?

HOBBY OR ADDICTION?