Thursday, December 4, 2014

A PROGGY CHRISTMAS

Over the years, I have accumulated a pretty big selection of Christmas titles, which I break out each December during the season that celebrates the birth of Bethlehem's favorite (and God's only begotten) Son.

This year, I thought I'd share some of them with you.



In 2012, some of the world’s top progressive rock artists got together and made a Christmas album.

Does it work? 

I don't know what you will think, but this brainchild of prog mastermind Neal Morse is like no other Christmas CD I own, and I own plenty of them.

Featuring the talents of Mike Portnoy, Steve Hackett, Roine Stolt, Steve Morse, Pete Trewavas and more, this album finally answers the age old question-“What would Edgar Winter's Frankenstein would sound like as a Christmas song?”

Geared towards progressive rock fans, the album features shredding guitars and soothing fretless bass, drums from Mr. Portnoy, occassional vocals from Mr. Morse, and everything in between.


JOY TO THE WORLD


THE LITTLE DRUMMER BOY



SHRED RIDE SLEIGH RIDE



FRANKINCENSE


4 comments:

  1. Wow...214 page views but no comments.

    I feel so alone!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will Listen tomorrow after work- promise! But the football game is on now...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I came back... Joy to the world I really enjoyed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the shout out CW-I was surprised at all the hits with no comments.

      I have had posts with more overall traffic but that may be a day 1 record....

      Delete

HOBBY OR ADDICTION?

HOBBY OR ADDICTION?