Wednesday, December 24, 2014

HO! HO! HOEY

Over the years, I have unearthed a profusion of Christmas titles, and each December I let them out of their cases for the season that celebrates the birth of Bethlehem's favorite (and God's only begotten) Son.

This year, I thought I'd share some of them with you.


When I was a yewt, I liked to get ripping on wrapping paper-I'm telling ya, I really shredded!

But no one shreds better than Gary Hoey!

Early in this series, I warned you about the record labels reissuing holiday material under different covers, and that has gone on a little bit with this artist.

Gary released three Ho! Ho! Hoey titles, then a best-of with a couple of extra tracks, and finally this one, billed as complete, but not quite, although I posted about it since it gives you the most notes per sheckel. Or shilling. Or farthing?

Gary rose to fame as a surf rock musician, but I have always thought of him in the Joe Satriani vein, although I like his recorded output far more than Satch's.

The Christmas CD's are must-haves for rock guitar fans. Take a listen...

From the sacred AWAY IN A MANGER


To the profane YOU'RE A MEAN ONE MR. GRINCH



THE TWELVE DAYS OF CHRISTMAS



That brings us to the end of this blog cycle, as tonight is Christmas Eve, and I will be watching my Trans-Siberian Orchestra DVD and hoping that this is the year Santa finally brings me that freakin' pony! 



Or at least leaves a nicely gift wrapped Jennifer Esposito look-alike under my tree (well, where the tree would be if I had a tree).

I said gift wrapped, Santa, not tied up...I know it's a subtle difference but it's also the difference between a restraining order and a felony kidnapping stay in Tent City!

Get your last-minute shopping done early and spend time with your families!

Merry Christmas to all....



2 comments:

  1. Break that good-looking pony in gently.

    Merry Christmas, LC.

    ~ D-FensDoggg
    'Loyal American Underground'

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's probably better off I get the pony...I've got a cold and would just sneeze all over Ms. Esposito!

      Merry Christmas to you, too McDogg!

      Delete

HOBBY OR ADDICTION?

HOBBY OR ADDICTION?