Tuesday, December 23, 2014

HOME FOR CHRISTMAS

Over the years, I have amassed a plethora of Christmas titles, and each December I get them out of the box for the season that celebrates the birth of Bethlehem's favorite (and God's only begotten) Son.

This year, I thought I'd share some of them with you.



I talk a lot about Todd Rundgren on this blog, but there are a couple of other Philadelphia icons who you may have heard of, who have crossed paths with Todd professionally (he's produced records for them, had them as guests on his tours and vice-versa, and even did a couple of web broadcasts with Daryl), and who share the same Philly Soul roots.

I am talking about, of course, Daryl Hall and John Oates, named by Billboard as the most successful duo of the rock era, above the Everly Brothers.

34 Billboard chart hits, six number one hits, seven platinum albums, six gold albums-their resume speaks for itself.

They released their holiday album, Home For Christmas, on my forty-fifth birthday, which I am certain was not a coincidence.

NO CHILD SHOULD EVER CRY ON CHRISTMAS



CHRISTMAS MUST BE TONIGHT



MARY HAD A BABY


No comments:

Post a Comment

HOBBY OR ADDICTION?

HOBBY OR ADDICTION?