Saturday, December 6, 2014

A VERY SHE & HIM CHRISTMAS


Over the years, I have accumulated a pretty comprehensive selection of Christmas titles, which I break out each December during the season that celebrates the birth of Bethlehem's favorite (and God's only begotten) Son.

This year, I thought I'd share some of them with you.


She & Him are actress Zooey Deschanel and musician M. Ward (who apparently was only given a first initial at birth). The duo has four albums to their credit, one of which is their 2011 Christmas release.

This is a very understated record-far too mellow for driving to, but the sparse renditions are nice for relaxation at home while looking at your Christmas tree (or in my case, the part of the neighbor's tree I can see through their shutters...I gave away all my decorations years ago when I filed for Scrooge Club membership).

Another collection of songs that is absent any reflection on the true significance of the holiday season, but nicely done.


HAVE YOURSELF A MERRY LITTLE CHRISTMAS





4 comments:

  1. I like She and Him. Once again, didn't know they had a Christmas album...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I should have posted their take on "Baby It's Cold Outside."

      Delete
  2. Did you see the movie Elf? Zooey was really good in that one. She even sang in it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never seen the whole thing, although it's probably on daily this time of year.

      I have a lady friend who does not know what I mean when I say there is a difference between cute and sexy.

      Zooey is the textbook definition of cute.

      Delete

HOBBY OR ADDICTION?

HOBBY OR ADDICTION?