Tuesday, December 9, 2014

A VERY SPECIAL CHRISTMAS

Over the years, I have amassed a cornucopia of Christmas titles, and every December I dig them out in honor of the season that celebrates the birth of Bethlehem's favorite (and God's only begotten) Son.

This year, I thought I'd share some of them with you.



Yet another Christmas CD collecting tip-while compilations are great ways to get those "one-off" songs by artists who were not motivated to do an entire album, be prepared for lots of duplication.

The "A Very Special Christmas" series debuted in 1987, the brainchild of producer Jimmy Iovine who wanted to produce a Christmas album to honor his father, with proceeds benefitting Special Olympics.

With ten titles in the series, I thought I'd post about the first, which brought together some of the giants of the day (Bruce Springsteen, Bryan Adams, U2, Whitney Houston).

Hard to go wrong with this one.

MERRY CHRISTMAS, BABY (BRUCE SPRINGSTEEN)



CHRISTMAS [BABY PLEASE COME HOME]  (U2)



DO YOU HEAR WHAT I HEAR (WHITNEY HOUSTON)




THE LITTLE DRUMMER BOY (BOB SEGER)



2 comments:

  1. When I was a kid Little Drummer Boy was my favorite Christmas song. I think it still is.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And Bob Seger does it justice, I think! Those VSC collections are pretty good stuff!

      Delete

HOBBY OR ADDICTION?

HOBBY OR ADDICTION?