Monday, October 12, 2015

I WANT YOU BACK (NO, NOT THAT ONE)

I lived in South Jersey (near Camden, outside of Philly) from 1989 through 1993, and shortly after my move found Compact Disc World in Marlton. 

Although a smaller retail footprint, their selection was better than Tower Records, and they played a lot of cool stuff in the store. I was there every Saturday.

Which was how I heard of the band Cry Charity’s lone album, “Peace Love Humiliation.”



CDW had it playing in the store, I loved a couple of the songs, and snapped it up.

Cry Charity put together a solid album and while the genre does not make it into my player that often these days, I still love Tracy Bartelle’s voice.

All in all, it was a remarkably polished work, and had it been given even a half-decent promotional effort, this album might well have been a major seller.

Unfortunately, the label folded just weeks after Peace Love Humiliation was released, throwing the band into legal limbo and killing any hope for the album's success. Cry Charity never recorded anything again, although Bartelle issued a couple of digital albums during the last decade. 

No You Tube for these guys, so I hope this file I created works...







Vault keyholders know where to go for the rest of the album...not sure it this can be found on download sites, but there were used copies to be had on Amazon..

5 comments:

  1. This is another new one for me. They sound good. This is mostly the style of music I was listening to back in the 80's. Nice to listen to.

    Arlee Bird
    A to Z Challenge Co-host
    Tossing It Out

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I still like her voice, although find I do not listen to this style of music much any more.

      Delete
  2. Hey, the file works! ...But so does the vault, so, you know, I guess that wasn't really necessary for me to click.

    I'll admit, this isn't my usual cup of tea, but for what it is I enjoyed it. I was expecting kind of a cheesy Amy Grant sound at first, but it's got a strong enough rock sound to hold my attention (and my masculinity) and Tracy Bartelle's voice really fits the sound.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's less my cup of tea now than it was a quarter century ago...

      Delete

HOBBY OR ADDICTION?

HOBBY OR ADDICTION?