Tuesday, January 6, 2015

THE CHRISTMAS ATTIC

Today's post concludes my odyssey through the murky depths of my Christmas CD collection.

I'm sure many of you are getting tired of Christmas stuff, so tomorrow will begin my series on Martin Luther King Day albums.

The last title I will look at this year, before packing the box back up and storing it in the back of the closet, is from a band featured in the December 15 Battle Of The Bands contest, Trans-Siberian Orchestra.

I don't think I gave them enough face time, and today I will remedy that.

The brainchild of producer, composer, and lyricist Paul O'Neill, he brought together former members of Savatage to record a series of holiday-themed concept albums.

Today, we're going to take a closer look at The Christmas Attic.



THE GHOSTS OF CHRISTMAS EVE





THE MARCH OF THE KINGS/HARK
THE HERALD ANGEL



JOY OF MAN'S DESIRE/ANGELS
WE HAVE HEARD ON HIGH





MUSIC BOX BLUES






And that brings my journey through The Christmas Closet to a close.

I am not a wise man, but I know when it's time to take the frankincense and hit the road.

I hope some of you were introduced to something new-I would love to know if one of these posts actually prompted anyone to buy something new.

At a minimum, it was an excuse for me to listen to a lot of Christmas records I'd squirreled away, and now back they go until next Thanksgiving weekend!

This is also going to be my last post for the foreseeable future.

Although I plan to make the rounds for your BOTB posts, I do not plan to participate with posts of my own.

Thanks for stopping by, thanks to those of you who commented-hope 2015 brings you all you are hoping for!

2 comments:

  1. The one song I really love from this album is 'THE CHRISTMAS CANON'. The rest of it didn't do much for me. There was one other song I did like but it didn't seem at all like a "Christmas" song.

    Sorry to hear that BOTB is losing you. But maybe you'll be back here writing for money before long, eh? You got the E that Sheboyganboy Six sent?

    ~ D-FensDogg
    'Loyal American Underground'

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just saw it (not faithful about checking that e-mail address)-sent a note to the ad....who knows?

      Delete

HOBBY OR ADDICTION?

HOBBY OR ADDICTION?