Friday, September 9, 2016

MORE STUFF YOU NEVER CARED TO KNOW

Call me a follower-I saw this on another blog and found it amusing, so I stole it...

1. ARE YOU NAMED AFTER ANYONE?  

Saint Laurence, who was martyred by being burned alive. 


At one point he said “turn me over, this side is done.” 

I was not expected to survive (a 2 pound baby in 1961 was not a common thing) and while I never loved my name, my father put so much thought into it I could never bring myself to change it.

2. WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME YOU CRIED? 


The day the music died










3. DO YOU LIKE YOUR HANDWRITING?  



I do….no one else does, starting with Miss Ridgeway in second grade









4. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE LUNCH MEAT? Chicken breast


5. DO YOU HAVE ANY KIDS?  Do cats count?

Rocky Balboa



6. IF YOU WERE ANOTHER PERSON WOULD YOU BE FRIENDS?  

Sure…I already talk to myself now, so it would be a natural transition







7. DO YOU USE SARCASM?  You frigging kidding me?


8. DO YOU STILL HAVE YOUR TONSILS?  Why-you want ‘em?


9. WOULD YOU BUNGEE JUMP?  Nope-had a co-worker back in the early 90’s who hurt her back in the process, plus I hate heights.


10. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE CEREAL?  



Have not eaten cereal in years other than oatmeal….so I guess oatmeal






11. DO YOU UNTIE YOUR SHOES WHEN YOU TAKE THEM OFF?  


Sneakers no, dress shoes yes






12. DO YOU THINK YOU’RE STRONG?  



Not as strong as I used to be (used to power lift)







13. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE ICE CREAM FLAVOR? 


Ben And Jerry’s Cherry Garcia












14. WHAT IS THE FIRST THING YOU NOTICE ABOUT PEOPLE?  


Smart cat!

I guess the face...although for women I am usually checking out the back side...









15. RED OR PINK?  For a shirt, pink


16. WHAT IS THE LEAST FAVORITE THING YOU LIKE ABOUT YOURSELF?  The fact that my weightlifter chest went south (belly)


17. WHAT COLOR PANTS AND SHOES ARE YOU WEARING RIGHT NOW?  Black shorts and sandals and I am working from home so who cares if my feet are stinky?


18. WHAT WAS THE LAST THING YOU ATE?  



Breakfast was Siggi's black cherry yogurt, although it is getting close to lunch time as I type this...








19. WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO RIGHT NOW?  


Elton John's "Goodbye Yellow Brick Road"


20. IF YOU WERE A CRAYON, WHAT COLOR WOULD YOU BE?  Black...paint it black!


21. FAVORITE SMELL?  pizza....pocorn is a good one, too


22. WHO WAS THE LAST PERSON YOU TALKED TO? Talked? A client. Texted my girlfriend after that


23. FAVORITE SPORT TO WATCH? football...started last night!





24. HAIR COLOR THAT'S REAL?  


The Headblade ATX head razor
Shaved but it used to be brown with lots of gray on the sides and lots of open space on the top















25. DO YOU WEAR CONTACTS?  


Technically yes-I have implanted contact lenses




26. FAVORITE FOOD?  Believe it or not-chicken




27. SCARY MOVIES OR HAPPY ENDINGS?   happy endings



28. LAST MOVIE YOU WATCHED?  




29. WHAT COLOR SHIRT ARE YOU WEARING? 

That's not me...but it's the same shirt



30. SUMMER OR WINTER?  In Philly it was actually fall (always loved that first day you saw your breath in the morning), in Arizona it’s winter


31. HUGS OR KISSES?  Depends who they’re from...


32. FAVORITE SWEET FOOD?  




33. WHAT BOOK ARE YOU CURRENTLY READING? 



In between books right now, but have a mystery book by Lawrence Block I need to start









34. WHAT IS ON YOUR MOUSE PAD?  



Todd Rundgren Utopia logo at work; a cat at home










35. WHAT DID YOU WATCH ON TV LAST?  




36. FAVORITE SOUND?  




37. ROLLING STONES or BEATLES?  





38. WHAT IS THE FARTHEST YOU HAVE TRAVELED? 




39. DO YOU HAVE A SPECIAL TALENT? I have a BS in BS






40. WHERE WERE YOU BORN? 


apparently they do not want me back...

4 comments:

  1. That name story is cool... the rest too, but definitely the name thing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, my Dad told me that after I had gotten in a fight at school with someone making fun of my name. Ya know how often I heard "Florence" as a kid, and yet there was no public outcry for the bullying.

    I am so happy we live in such an enlightened time now where President Hilary will keep all of our children safe from such acts of horror, as well as allowing them to choose a restroom daily that aligns with how they feel rather than that pesky gender that was "assigned" at birth.

    But when you hear a story like that, how can you ever consider a name change, right?

    ReplyDelete
  3. LC ~
    I was filling out a bunch of paperwork for my new doctor yesterday and one of the questions was:

    GENDER
    __Male __Female __Other

    So even our medical experts now recognize that there are more than two possibilities. ...All hope is officially lost.

    I'm thinking about putting together a blog bit for this one, because someone needs to get it right:

    http://mikespainwrites.blogspot.com/2016/08/my-top-five-guitarists.html

    ~ D-FensDogG
    'Loyal American Underground'

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are wrong, McDogg-hope is not lost, it is renewed.

      I am feeling sassy today, so I will use the lady's room. Tomorrow, I may feel manly, and will stand for my business.

      Because of Hope and Change, I am no longer bound by that silly visual gender test they gave me right after slapping my butt.

      Not sure there's a right or wrong on the list-it says "your top 5" which implies my favorite, rather than THE top 5.

      But even with a list of the five best, it's so hard to assess-do you go by technique? I would not-lots of thrash metal guitarists have wonderfully fast fingers and I am sure they are proficient, but it's all noise to me.

      Do you remember the Frampton instrumental bit, "Penny For Your Thoughts?"

      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7uxbHnfuOfc

      As we have discussed many times, sometimes it does not have to be flashy to be good.

      LC

      Delete

HOBBY OR ADDICTION?

HOBBY OR ADDICTION?