Monday, April 27, 2015

IN THE VAULT 04/27/2015

Most people who have ripened to middle age will recognize Rickie Lee Jones' song "Chuck E's In Love," originally released on her classic eponymous debut album way back in 1979.




A few might recognize a song or two from the next couple of records, but only a small following are aware of the seventeen albums that make up her body of work (album number seventeen releases in June), one of which, 2009's Balm In Gilead, is in the Vault this week.





5 comments:

  1. I've heard Rickie Lee Jones mentioned a few times before, possibly on here (or maybe through Stephen). This is the first I've actually heard her perform, though. Simple, clean, easy listening... I'd give her album a full listen.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She's a favorite of both of ours, and we've both posted about her. The full album is in the Vault.

      Delete
  2. That is a great, Great, GREAT song (written by her Pa) which I'd never heard until I attended that MIM Rickie Lee Jones concert with you. (I thought it was the highlight of the night.)

    I made it a point to find out where this song came from and to purchase a CD copy of it because... it struck me soul-deep that night I saw and heard her play it on stage in Phoenix.

    Powerful, meaningful song for me!

    ~ D-FensDogG
    'Loyal American Underground'

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I chose that song with you in mind, and scheduled it a while ago. I seem to remember you posting about the song but felt the album was still Vault-worthy.

      Delete
  3. No doubt that Rickie Lee is a real pro at what she does. Somehow she never really caught on with me. She uses top musicians and she's a highly skilled vocalist, but I guess she's not exactly my style. Preference, you know.

    Arlee Bird

    Tossing It Out

    ReplyDelete

HOBBY OR ADDICTION?

HOBBY OR ADDICTION?