Thursday, December 11, 2014

AH! LELUIAH!

Over the years, I have amassed a variety of Christmas titles, and each December I get them out of the box for the season that celebrates the birth of Bethlehem's favorite (and God's only begotten) Son.

This year, I thought I'd share some of them with you.




Donnie Iris is best known for his near-miss, Ah! Leah, which peaked at number 29 on February 7, 1981.

Iris has maintained a cult following that includes me (big surprise there, huh?), and released a holiday album in 2010.

Here are Donnie Iris and the Cruisers* doing "The Hallelujah Chorus"



* They were Donnie Iris and the Cruisers long before there was an Eddie & The Cruisers movie

4 comments:

  1. So did I read that right? It was his voice for all of the voices?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah! Leah! Is one of my all timers (I had the hots for a young lady named Leah when it came out)- and I am shocked, shocked I tell you, that this character did a Christmas lp, let alone a song like this! Guess ya never know...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The problem with Christmas albums is there is so much duplication...but sometimes they surprise you...

      Delete

HOBBY OR ADDICTION?

HOBBY OR ADDICTION?